Thursday, May 17, 2007

And Now, A Mood Swing Set

I haven't talked too much about game shows on this blog recently. So I'll quickly mention that tomorrow (Friday) is ABC's premier of National Bingo Night. I don't have too much information about the game; in fact, I won't be able to see the episode because I will be working at TOMB that night (which will be my last Friday for the summer). Maybe someone can tape it or something and I can catch it at a later date.

To make up for this, I have the lucky privilege of taking in a private show of two people. Two people who happen to be Producers of the WGBH/PBS show FETCH! With Ruff Ruffman, a kids reality game show that is taped locally. I am really excited to do this, mainly because anyone who knows me knows that I have wanted to work on this show from the beginning. I was a religious fan of show; I watch all 20 episodes of their first season. The Producers are coming to scope out the place to see if they want to feature it in the show. This could be a great opportunity for me to maybe learn more about the show and process and maybe get an "in" somewhere in 'GBH.

Last night, Rohan, Frenchy, Jon, and I baked a cake. Why? Because Ro wanted to and we had no objections to doing so. It was a chocolate cake that actually came out pretty nice. We played a round of golf (which I schooled them in), and as the night went on, we had some cake and hung out and played video games. I ended up sleeping over, as did Jon, but I did not leave till 3:30PM. Sufficed to say, I did not arrive at Wheelock at the time that I had planned to.

The four of us (including Simeon) have been hanging out a lot lately, and will continue to do so during the entire summer. It's what we do. I'm sure that we will all have some crazy adventures this summer.

Kayte and I have been talking since she has left. Things have been ok, but I don't know how things will transpire as the summer goes along. I also know that she reads this blog. That said, I'm fairly confident that things will be good. She is psyched to go to England, and she should be rightfully so. She gets to go hang out with a great friend of hers.

Justin's birthday is on Friday, and he is down here in Boston for the week. I hung out with him and Rayna and Gabby yesterday. We watched Boondock Saints, which is one of my favorite movies. He lives on Martha's Vineyard, which I have been to a few times. I will be visiting him hopefully sometime this summer.

Turns out, there are a lot of places that I would live to visit this summer, but I know that I don't have the time or funds to do so. I have decided to try to shoot for two locations this summer. I won't say where the potential places are, for fear of shameless promotions and "Please, Stad, come visit me!" by the people who live there.

I am determined to make this a summer of growth. I am 21 years old now, but I still have a lot of growing to do. I am determined to make some needed changes in my life. I know, a bit random, but it's just something that I have been thinking about recently. I've been a bit on the sad side lately. Don't know exactly why; I've been trying to pinpoint the actual reason for a little bit of time, but I can't seem to figure it out. There was even one point when I felt like I was maybe going to cry. Thankfully, I did not cry (don't know why "thankfully" as I don't have a problem with people expressing their feelings by crying). Some of my friends have been asking me if everything is ok, and like I always do, I say "Yeah, everything is cool." As you can tell, I don't share my feelings out loud too often to too many people.

I've been listening to a ton of R&B music in the last few weeks. It happens to be one of my favorite genres of music. I also like to drive late at night, when virtually nobody is on the roads. I find it relaxing. Very relaxing and soothing. Unfortunately, I don't have a car, so I don't get to do that often. I would go late night walking, but I don't trust my streets, mainly because half of the street lights don't work. But I went on a late night drive session during this week. Just to drive, listen to music, occasionally sing along, and to think and reflect. Jon came along with me, and we had a great talk about a plethora of things. And by "plethora," I mean "two or three subjects tops." No matter what they were. It was just something I needed.

I don't know what has come over me, but I've just been on the depressed side. There are some friends of mine who I used to talk to almost every week that now I rarely speak to now. It makes me really sad. So I've been trying to get back into contact with them. The list is not very large, but it's not about quantity, it's about the quality. And the truth is that I really miss them so much. They pop into my head every so often: when I surf Facebook, when I read past emails, stuff like that. They are some of the people who have shaped who I am.

I better end this before I write something really depressing. Plus I have to go to work in about 5 hours anyway; Wheelock's Graduation is happening and I've got to be at my best.

Much Love To All.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Shameless plug - DC is awesome. You would love. "Please Stad, come visit me!" :-)

And now for something more serious - you have my number. Call me when you're sad, depressed or just want to talk. I'm always happy to talk to you. But you know all of this already. *Hugs*

Anonymous said...

<3