Sunday, May 6, 2007

Did We Really Just Do That?

A few days ago, I decided to go on a trip to find GSN. There were actually two locations, both of which I found. The picture that I took is from the one located at Culver City. I didn't actually get to go inside, but it was cool to find it.

To find the GSN buildings, I had to park in the street (naturally). So I parked at a meter and did my search. When I came back to the car, I noticed that I just so happened to park in front of a Playboy building. Did not do it on purpose, I just found it kinda funny, so I took a picture of it.

Many hours later, Dan and I drove to Hollywood for the premier of Spiderman 3 (not like a super premier or something, just to a regular old movie theater, but it was a nice theater). Beforehand, we stopped to go take a stroll around and see some sights. So we parked in a garage. We got out of the car and we were making our way to the elevator, when he asked "Where are my keys?" I replied "I thought you had them." Then we heard a rumbling noise. Dan asked "Is the car still on?"

Did you ever have one of those moments where you realized that you just did one of the most dumbest things ever and now there's not much you can do about it? Well, we had one of those. Yeah, we tried opening the doors, but they lock from the outside for some reason. Thankfully, Dan is a subscriber to AAA, and they came in about 10 minutes, which was exciting. The man first took a look at the situation and said "Well, we're gonna have to break the window" to which we said "No way!" Thankfully, he was joking. He went to his car and pulled out two items: A rubber wedge and a piece of metal that resembled a coat hanger that was bent in 5 places. He wedged a small opening between the window and the door and stuck the metal wire through it. He moved it around a little bit, all the while I was wondering ehat he was trying to accomplish. Then I saw one of the wire ends pop out on the interior of the car. He then pushed the window button to roll down the window, stuck his hand through it, and opened the door. All of this in a period of about 3 minutes. It was amazing. I could not believe it. He was so chill and calm about it. Not to mention funny the entire time.

We made it to the movie, and we didn't get out until near 3AM. It was a good movie, although some people had some problems with it. I pretty much passed out when we got back.

(BTW: Comments are now activated on the last post. I don't know why they were not on when I posted the blog, but they are up now, so comment away.)


I know that I am one day behind, but work with me. The next post will cover TWO days instead of one. So here are some pictures (again another preview to tomorrow's post) to tide you over and tease you until I blog again:






No comments: