Monday, May 7, 2007

I Wanna Dance The Night Away

Saturday night was Cinco De Mayo (well, actually ALL DAY and night was Cinco De Mayo), so it was decided that we go to a bar and celebrate.

The Blu Monkey is located in Hollywood on Hollywood Boulevard. HOLLYWOOD! And it is a very nice place. Dan and I meet up with Thadd Williams, who is a recent grad of Emerson College and worked at the TOMB with us. It has a very chill and relax feel to it. Thadd bought me a belated birthday shot of tequila. It was considerably large for a shot, but I drank it all, but after that I had no more alcohol for the rest of the night.

Oh. Before all of this, Dan needed his ID. Long story short, he had lost his license a few months ago and was using his passport as his ID. Then, I guess, he lost it a few days before I came to L.A. So now he has no ID. Well, without an ID he cannot get into the club. So it seemed that he was a little down, which is understandable. He decided to make a stop at his job on the way to the Blu Monkey to see if his passport was there. We searched for about 5 to 10 minutes and found nothing. I had to go to the bathroom, so I went down the hallway while Dan continued to search. I came back and grabbed the mail that was scattered on the floor, and quickly glanced at the envelopes. There happened to be one from The Registry Of Motor Vehicles and it also was pretty small. I shoved it in front of Dan's face. When he opened it, his face lit up. We jumped up and down for about 20 seconds and then returned to the car.

Back at the club, I met some of Dan's friends (who were very cool) and we sat and talked for a bit. The music was very chilled and I talked to the DJ about where he got his music. Then some sweet dancing music came on, and when that happens...

I JUST GOTTA DANCE!!!!

So I did. And apparently, I can attract some ladies to the dance floor. I wont get into it too much, but going to the Blu Monkey was one of the biggest highlights of the trip. Hands down.

I have a few photos:






I should consider doing this once a month or something... Anyway, Dan makes a good person to go out with, and I would totally do it again. But now to a completely different topic...

No comments: