Saturday, January 17, 2009

A Quick Story For The Ages. Well, Sorta...

Part 3 is on its way, but I'm not ready to write it yet.

Yesterday I went to Lir (which is where I am headed to as soon as I'm done with this post; no surprise there).  The plan was for me to meet up with two cool friends of mine, Stephanie (Sim's girlfriend) and Vicki (Steph's Roommate).  Both of them were babysitting till 11PM, but said they would come afterwards.  Sounds like a plan.

If you didn't know this already, I love Lir.  It's my absolute favorite place to go to get a drink.  I can safely say that I've never had a bad experience there.  I love the atmosphere, the drinks, and especially the people who work there.  Many a story I could tell you about Lir.

Anyway, It was the first time I had been there since I left for Denver (side note: when I told them (them being my bartender friends) that I was leaving for Denver, they thought I was leaving for good; I set the record straight, ha ha).  Greeted with smiling faces, I took a beer, and stood in my usual spot, watching the game and watching the people who were there.

11:45 rolls around, and I realize that neither Steph or Vicki are coming.  Understandable, because you can't control when the parents will come back to their kids.  After giving them a call and rescheduling, I return to my spot a bit depressed.

I then receive a text from someone who I never thought I'd talk to again.  I won't go into the details, but let's just say that after the last hangout, I was pretty safe to assume that the two of us would no longer speak to each other.  The text states that I was on her mind because she was at Lir earlier that night on a date, pointing out all the people that I knew.  I texted her back telling her that I was still there.  Apparently she looked for me but couldn't find me (which I found funny cause I rarely move from my spot and it's not too hard to pick me out from the crowd).  

The young couple next to me noticed how sad I was (I wish there was a word for being sad, but not "Sad Sad" just "less-than-Sad") and the guy offered to buy me a drink because "You shouldn't drink alone when you are sad."  I suppose he's right, though I've done it before, and if history is any measuring stick, I'm sure to do it again.  The girl he was with was very nice, and we talked about my plans to move to L.A. sometime in the near future.  She was 2 years older than me, and had a pretty good head on her shoulders.

As the night drew closer to the end, the guy (Andre) realized that he lost his phone, so he went to go search for it.  The girl (Katie) said that she doesn't like to see people sad, especially someone as cute as I was (which was nice of her to say, although I didn't totally buy it).  She wanted to exchange numbers and suggested that we have brunch sometime.  I agreed, so we exchanged numbers.  As I left, she pulled me aside and whispered in my ear "Seriously, don't be down.  You are a good person who's very cute.  Things will turn around for you soon.  I know it," accompanied by a sweet kiss on the cheek.

I said goodbye to Kiley, Debbie, and Jade (the bartenders), and walked to the T to go home.  Pondering about the events that just transpired, I couldn't help but smile just a little bit.

And that's one of the reasons why I love Lir so much.  I never know what will happen.

(Then I proceeded to watch Japanese Games Shows on YouTube till I fell asleep)

Peace.

No comments: