Thursday, January 15, 2009

"Feelin' High" (The Denver Trip) Part Three: Everything Else, Part Two

I said at the end of my last post that I would continue talking about the events in Denver.  And I will.

I've always heard of Dave & Busters, but never been, manly because we don't have any here in Boston.  I think the closest one is in RI or CT or something like that.  Well, there happens to be one in Denver.  So we went.  And I'll be honest: it wasn't as glamourous as it seems in those advertisements.  It's like Good Times Emporium in Somerville, but without the gang violence.  I had fun there, and we had amassed a little over 400 tickets.  We ended up not getting anything, though.  All of the cool stuff was at least 1000 tickets.  Oh well.  Maybe next time.

The classic Black and White photo booth is an untapped resource for fun.  The Shortlist contained an entry for taking photos in a photo booth.  I located on on Broadway at a place called Sputnik.  It was like a diner/bar place.  Ariel and I drove there, found the place, and went inside.  The booth was out of order.  Really disappointing.

Naan.  It's such a beautiful food.  And Ariel knew of this great place to get Indian food.  I can safely say that my good experiences at Indian restaurants has remained flawless.  There was this sweet mango drink (the name of which I have forgotten) that she suggested, and it was really good.

That's it for Part 2.  Part Three is coming soon.

No comments: