Friday, January 23, 2009

Anatomy Of A Morning

Whenever I have to work early at Tomb, I usually go through the same routine for getting ready. And since I'm not ready to talk about Parte Tres yet, I've decided to just write about what I do in the morning. As an added bonus, I'm writing this entire post on my iPod Touch. Pretty sick.

My internal clock usually gets me up anywhere between 6:30 and 7:30 AM. If that is not working, my alarm on my phone will go off 1.5 hours prior to call time. Either way, I will spend five minutes getting myself to ACTUALLY get up. When the battle is over, it'll be time for breakfast. Scrambled eggs, cereal, or a sausage McMuffin with cheese is on the menu. I try to force myself to cook breakfast and stay away from fast food. Anyway, when it is ready, I sit in my room and watch some tv (by the way, "Arthur" is still one of the best shows on the air).

If I didn't do it the night before, I'll take a shower and put on my work clothes. By this point in the morning, it'll be about 1 hour before call. If it is not, I will burn some time by watching an episode of "Password" on the DVR. Learn a few words or something. Check the email, check my clothes, and grab my items (wallet, ipod, phone, and backpack) and it'll be time to go.

I live roughly twenty-five minutes away from work via walking. I'm not a lazy person per se, but if there is a train or bus nearby, I'll hop on it for sure. Part of the problem is that either I'll miss the T or it'll be too packed to get on. Gotta love the reliability of the T. Headphones on the entire journey ensure that I am not bothered by anyone. Plus, I like walking to my own soundtrack.

From the fina T Stop to work is about .7 miles away. I like to jog that entire distance to get a little exercise. And when I do get to work, I can stop and stretch. So far, when I do get to work, nobody is there. So I'll listen to music and just wait. Eventually someone will come and sooner than later, the MOD (Manager On Duty) will come and open the door.

Well, that's mainly how it works. There are a few variables, but none that I'm going to tell you about.

Let's get this morning started... (ugh)

No comments: