Saturday, February 26, 2011

Price, Passion, And Precipitation

The weekend is upon us.  It's about freaking time.


The Price Is Right came back from its one week hiatus (and my 12 day hiatus), and I was so glad to come back.  It's nice to earn some money, but it's also nice to do something you love.  This week was a bit different because since we had monday off, our taping days were Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.  For me, this was a bit weird only because I like having all of my days off at the same time, i.e. four day weekend (Thursday thru Sunday) instead of three day (Friday thru Sunday).  More on Price in a bit.


Did you know that eHarmony, that online dating site, has absolutely ridiculous prices for being a premium member?  They charge a crap load for one month of service.  If I were that serious about finding love online, and if I had that kind of disposable income to use on such a service, I'd totally do it.  A few of my friends have fund people on that site; one of those couples is even happily married.  I've always wanted to try it, so I made an account recently.  However, after seeing how much a subscription cost, I decided to hold off on it till I sat down and thought about wether it is something I would really want to invest time and money into.


You can't really tell by looking at me, but I feel pretty alone here in L.A.  I know that I'm flanked by a whole bunch of good people and great friends, but I have this small, yet nagging, feeling inside for some company.  It really becomes apparent when I come home to my room and I see the other roommates with their boyfriends or girlfriends hanging out.  Sure, I'm used to it.  That doesn't mean that I'm comfortable with it.  I know that they are not rubbing it in my face, but sometimes it's a bit overwhelming, and I just need to get away.  Usually, the only place I can go to is in my room.  Lately, I've been trying to find other places to go.  Without a car, it become a bit more challenging.


Going back to Price, after our last taping of the week, a few of us went to a bar to unwind and grab some drinks.  This was the first time I had joined them, but it certainly won't be the last.  Like I had mentioned in previous posts, hanging out with coworkers outside of work is a lot of fun for me.

I've been told by numerous people that I've been doing a great job on the set and that I'm a very talented and genuine person to be around.  That means a lot to me because I work hard on the set with the hopes that people like me.  I worry about people liking me more than I let on.  And I appreciate that my hard work is getting noticed and getting me somewhere.

I am one of a few black people who are on the Price crew.  It's just a thought I had and I wanted to write it down.


It's been raining quite a bit here in Los Angeles.  I enjoy it.  Most people do not.  I wonder how much more rain we will be getting.


I don't have more to say at this point, and it's pretty late.  So that's it for now.  You can see yourself out.


Peace Out.

No comments: