Wednesday, July 18, 2007

The Category Is...

"Bar Golf"
Saturday was Bar Golf: you basically go to 18 different bars (hole) and have a drink at each one. What score you get at each bar is determined by what type of drink you get:

Nothing/Soda: 5 Points
Water: 4 Points
Beer: 3 Points
Mixed Drink: 2 Points
Shot: 1 Point

Why is water worth less than nothing/soda? Cause they wanted to make sure everyone was hydrated during the day, and drinking nothing or soda is a little worse than drinking water. Anyway, The course was split into two parts: The Front 9 (Boston) and The Back 9 (Allston/Brighton). The game started at 1PM, but I was at work till 6PM, so I participated in the Back 9. It was a lot of fun to do. Par is 3 at each bar. My score? Well I did better than I thought I would. I scored a 20, or a -7 Under Par. And the best part? No sickness, no hangovers. I'm still not a big drinker, but it's nice to see that I can do a bit without killing myself.

"Internships"
The Press room internship is going well. I'm learning a lot of great things, and there are some great people that I work with. Not much else to say about it. At least, not in this category.

"Crews"
Hangin' out with Rohan, Jon, and Sim has been a lot of fun so far. But I haven't seen much of them in a little while. I guess it's mainly because of work and such. I've been pretty busy with keeping myself sane while doing my three jobs. The last time I saw any of them was last Friday when Jon and I met up after work. They have invited me to go have a few drinks tomorrow and I agreed, though I don't know how much I will actually have. There's not a lot of time left to hang out with them, as school will be starting in a little more than a month from now. So I should try to have as much fun as I can with them as possible.

Now that I only work at TOMB once a week, I don't stop by as often as I used to, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. I was getting to the point where TOMB became my second home, which it really shouldn't be. On the flip side, I haven't talk to many of my friends from there in a while, hence, I'm kinda out of the loop. But I did hang out with Megan a few days ago, and that was fun. We're gonna chill again later this week.

The only other crew that I've been in contact less than TOMB are the peeps from Simmons. Why? Well, two reasons actually. One is because I've been dumb and I should be in better contact with people like Courtney and Ren (who, by the way, I would still love to go to the club with). So for that, I should shoot myself. Well, maybe not that, but I should at least drop a line; two of the coolest and funniest people you'll ever meet. The other reason is a bit more personal, and if you don't know what has transpired in the last few weeks, it won't make sense. I think there even may be a separate category for that.


"Loss"
I've lost a lot of things this summer so far. Most recently I lost an extension cord to my Jeopardy Game. I've lost a few shirts, and a couple of socks. I lost out on a chance to hear the Governor speak about transportation. I've lost my fear of drinking socially (although, I still rarely do it, if ever). There are probably many more things on that list that I could rattle off, but I wont. I did, however, lose something fairly close to me a few weeks ago. I know where it is, so that's not the problem. The problem is if I want to attempt to get it back. I've been struggling with this for a while now, even before I lost it. And I've been talking to my friends about it. I mostly get the same response: "You're better off without it. You can get something much, much, much better." I don't know what I'll do yet, but till then, I want to focus my energy on other things.

"Out Of The Box"
It's about time that I step outside of my box and do something that I don't normally do. There is this girl that I know. She's about the same age as me, smart, very pretty, and has some of the same interests as myself. She thinks I'm nice and funny, and I feel the same way about her. She goes to school here in Boston, which works for me. At least we could potentially hang out sometimes cause we live near each other. I don't know if she's interested in me, and normally this would deter me from even considering doing anything. But this one is different. I've changed a lot over the summer, and I think I may have a shot at this. Anyone who remotely enjoys my game show ideas wins some points in my book. I won't see her for a few days, but this gives me time to figure out what I want to do. All my buddies say go for it. What do I have to lose? I could use something happy in my life right now. (Did I mention how pretty she is? It's ridiculous...)

"Love"
Is it possible to love someone, then turn around and love someone completely different in one swoop? I'm not sure, but here is something that I am sure of: "Love" is a powerful word and feeling. I've never been in love. I may have been close once, but otherwise, I would say no. There are things that I love: my family, my friends, games, laughter, fun, frosted shredded mini-wheats, and stuff like that. But it's rare when I use that word "love" when it comes to a person's feelings about them. When I feel it, I'll say it. It'll probably take me some time, but hopefully they will understand. (BTW: I love R&B music; it has amazing powers, heh heh)


A 2nd set of categories are on the way....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Where is the second set of categories??? The suspense is killing me!