Tuesday, March 1, 2011

1K Wordz: 3 Au Girls, An Au Boy, & A Pt Host

I don't normally post pictures, but I thought this is a nice one, and at least I could tell a quick story about it. Plus, I can make this a new segment.  I'll dub it "1K Wordz" First the picture:

"Estelle Getty, Rue McClanahan, Bea Arthur, & Mike Tyson On Contestant's Row With Drew Carey"

For Price, we rehearse each show so that the crew can mark the locations of the games and prices, the announcer (guest announcer George Gray) can read through and practice reading out loud the script, and the producers can see the show and make any changes to it they don't like.  During this time, I'm usually running around the set delivering script changes the show and doing other odd jobs.  It's a crazy atmosphere, but I thrive on it.

We happen to have some new cameramen on the crew, so for the past couple of days, we've been rehearsing the opening of the show where the contestants are called down to Contestant's Row (or Bidder's Row, you pick) so that they can get a feel for it.  One of the great attributes of George is his ability to improvise.  So when he was doing the "Come On Downs," he called a different name for each, and each of the 4 people came down.

"Estelle Getty" is Scott, our Production coordinator.  He does a lot for the show, but one of his biggest roles that affects me is that he is in charge of the graphics that go on the games.  He's a great guy and has been with the show for 4 years.

"Rue McClanahan" is Alex, the Inside Head Page.  He is in charge of making sure the other pages are doing their job.  He is the go to guy when it comes to loading in the audience.

"Bea Arthur" is Dan, the Inside Backup Page.  Basically, he's second-in-command, and assists Alex in his duties.

"Mike Tyson" is Lois, a VIP to the show.  I don't know anything else about her.

"Drew Carey" is Doug, one of the Stage Managers.  He is in charge of making sure that the crew moves smoothy and gets to their marks (models included).  He is a wealth of information, as he has been in the industry for years.  I've had the pleasure of talking with him on many an occasion, and he is a joy to be around.

That's the skinny on this photo, and my post for the day.  You should feel special: I'm not posting this picture to Facebook or Twitter till tomorrow.

You're welcome.

Peace Out!

No comments: