Saturday, March 5, 2011

Bus Musings

Today I went to a intro prewiew hosting class in Santa Monica. It was a two hour class, which introduced us to how the school worked, as well as give pointers on the first steps to becoming a great host. The teacher, Marki Costello, is a brutally honest, but fair and helpful instructor. Her tips were very helpful, and for a two hour intro class, I came out with a a better understanding of what I need to do to become the best host I can be. The boot camp is $600, which is something I clearly don't have now. But I would like to take the course, so I'll need to save up. I'm glad I went; I almost blew it off.


I went out to the Edison, a bar in downtown LA. I'm not a huge fan of downtown, but I do like the Edison. I've been there once before for a birthday party. It's got a nice electric steampunk feel to it. They also have silent movies playing on screens while music is playing. I met up with my friend Chuck and a few of his friends. No ladies for me this time, but to be honest, it wasn't my goal for the night.

I've been pondering about what my "type" is. It is no secret that I'm very partial to white women. It's what I grew up around, and it's what I'm usually surrounded by. I'm not ashamed of it, as much as some of my friends would like to harass me about. I'm pretty much open to anything, but if she is a white, tall, and wears glasses, you've got my heart without saying a word.

I've talked about race and relationships on this blog before, specifically how much race has to do with attractiveness. I've struggled with self-confidence issues my whole life as well as being black. I used to think I was a freak for not liking girls of my own race. But now I know better. I shouldn't be ashamed of my feelings. Now I just ned to build up that confidence that I am a great catch and that, someday soon, some woman will realize it.


March 4th marked the 23rd birthday of my best friend, Ariel. I've known this girl for over 10 years, and I don't know what I'd o without her in my life. We met back at Exploration Summer Camp in 2000. She is the only friend that I still talk to on a regular basis from camp.  In the years that we have known each other, we have hung out in person on two occasion: once at camp, then again 8 years later when I went to visit her in Denver.  She's a very special person in my life and I'm glad to have her as a friend.  So have a happy birthday, Ariel.


I thought I had a ton to talk about, but I guess I don't tonight. Oh well.

Peace Out.

No comments: