Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Next Step: Part Two-Step

Sometimes I've got to disappear for a bit to reset and re-center myself before I can come back to something with a clear head.  It's just how I work.  Deal with it.


I had a meeting with Mike about the post-Showdown/pre-Showcase audience game last friday.  I'm happy to report that my game idea has been approved, and now we are on to the next step: coming up with questions to ask the audience.  It's going to be Price branded, so all of the questions will be about Price in some way.  I told Mike that it would be a great idea to get the announcer involved as well (seeing as I had spoke to him about my idea and he loved it), and Mike agreed.  So the plan is to get this game up and running with the announcer hosting it first, then later on, I can take over.  I'm going to hold him to that.


Speaking of, our guest announcer, George, celebrated his birthday last Friday as well.  To bring it in, he threw a party at his place and invited the Price crew as well as many friends of his.  It was so much to fun to hang out with people outside of work and to listen to his band play as well.  It was nice to kick back and let loose.

I would like to quickly mention that, when I become well off and famous, I want to be able to give to people who deserve it.  In the last few weeks, there have been a few people in my life who have been incredibly helpful and supportive to me.  With the way that Los Angeles is depicted as, you would think that it was full of mean, conniving, greedy people who will do anything to get ahead.  That isn't far from the truth for a good number of people here.  Thankfully, they are offset by the awesome, genuine, and fun people who are here.  They keep my faith up, even if it sometimes drops to incredible lows.


I had a discussion with Ken and his girlfriend about the blind date they took me on last month.  I had inquired how May (the alias I decided on using to describe the girl I went on a date with) was doing.  Apparently she is doing well, which is good.  It was pretty clear to all the parties that May and I were not going to work out.  I guess May had thought it was because of the numerous tattoos she had, or any of the other style choices she had.  Honesty is the best policy, so let's be honest: her tattoos did not faze me. Actually, I was interested in them.  She was a really pretty person overall.  Admittedly, she's not who I usually go for in a girl, but to shut myself out of an opportunity to meet someone new in this town would have been a huge mistake, especially with all the whining I do about not being with someone.

That said, I just did not see us being a good match together.  The main thing that got to me was that she was talking more to Ken and his girlfriend then trying to get to know me better.  I tried to get to know her by asking her questions and such, and towards the end of the night she started to open up, but by that point I had pretty much made up my mind.  Add the fact that she lives way north of me, doesn't have a car (which in and of itself is not a deal breaker, but considering the distance, was a factor), and was two years younger than I, I really wasn't feeling it too much.  She is a nice girl, and we did have some cool things in common, but not enough for me to see it going anywhere.

Anyway, Ken and his girlfriend are not giving up, as they have been pondering who would be a better match for me.  No one have ever actively gone out to try to find someone for me, and I'm up for almost anything, so I'm game.  And I'm thankful as well.


I'm turning 25 next month.  That's all I really want to say about it for the moment.


I went to a taping of Nickelodeon's BrainSurge, which this season has been renamed Family BrainSurge.  The name change is due to the fact that each child is partnered up with one of their parents, plus with two other family members for support.  There are a few changes that they've made for the show.  Cosmetically, the set is much nicer and vibrant, with an all new Brain Drain.  In terms of gameplay, each level now has a name attached to it:

  • "Brain Tease" has child and parent working together to solve BrainSurge's classic visual puzzles (of which there are 5 of instead of 6) against the other teams (of which there are 5 instead of 6)
  • "Brain Fart" still has Jeff reading a story from his book, but this time around, if a team cannot think of an answer, they can shout out "Brain Fart", which will allow their two other family members (called the "Brain Trust") to answer in their place for one question.
  • "Brain Trip" still has the 4x4, 5x5, and 6x6 dance floor memorization game, but the child does the 4x4, parent does 5x5, and child finished up with 6x6.
The game is still good as ever, and I'll be checking it out when it premiers.  My reason for the visit was because my good friend Brad is a PA there.  It was nice to see him and I had a blast hanging out on the set.


Chateau Saturn will be losing a resident at the end of this month, as Allison will be moving to be closer to her boyfriend.  This means that we are currently looking for another roommate to take her room.  We had one visitor come yesterday.  She was real nice, had just moved here a month ago, and spent quite a few hours with Karin talking.  I can only assume that Karin likes her, otherwise why spend so much time with someone you just met?  We have a few other people stopping by in the next few weeks.  Personally, I'm hoping for another female in the house, but only because it's what I've been used to in the apartment.


A few more friends of mine have gotten engaged within the past week.  I'm beginning to wonder if I'm missing some sort of "love memo" that is going around...


I think that Futurama is so much better than many of the other animated series that are on the air right now.  Also, Adventure Time is a great example of two best friends, Finn & Jake.


I'm a sucker for romance.  But I'm very particular about what form it comes in.  Maybe if I feel like it, I will elaborate on it.  But don't hold your breath.


A female friend of mine asked me recently if we were friends.  It took me slightly aback, as I had always considered her a friend.


Now I'm writing random thoughts as they come to me.


There's this great Japanese hip hop group called Gagle.  If you are a true hip hop fan, you really need to check them out.  Even though I don't understand a lot of what they are saying, it's some of the best music I've heard in a while.  They've got a great jazz vibe to them, and that gets me going every time.  It's real chill.  It makes me want to create beats.  One day I will.


Alright, I think I'll end it here for now.  If you're still reading this blog, you've got quite a unique taste.

Peace Out.

No comments: