Thursday, June 7, 2007

Peace, Love, And Labor

I've been watching a lot of Password Plus, which is currently featured in the "Screening Room," located to the left of the page. It's my favorite Password incarnation, and one of my favorite game shows. It's one of the few things this week that is consistently making me happy. That and hanging out with my great friends.

Bob Barker has officially retired from television, taping his last episode of The Price Is Right earlier this week. It is a great lost, but he deserves the retirement. Whoever takes his place has got some BIG shoes to fill.

There's actually a lot of game show news flying around. A few new shows will be premiering in the next few months: Set For Life, Power Of 10, Crosswords just to name a few. How many of these shows will stay on the air? I actually don't know, but I'm gonna try to catch as many of them as possible.

In my last post, I was gonna digress about my weekend. Sadly, I have to go back on my word; it's not very important. But I can summarize the weekend:

*I hung out with Rohan, Jon, Sim, Ali, Divya, and Tali more or less all weekend.
*I was introduced to Venture Bros.
*I earned $20 by drinking a cup of beer (which, by the way, Jon still owes me $10 of)
*FIFA for PS2 is a difficult game to master.
*I probably have the best group of friends ever; they are there to support me whenever I need it.

That's all you really need to know anyway.

Friday (the 8th), it's going to be a night of food, drink, and happiness. The food will come from Longhorn Steakhouse. The drink is unknown at the current moment, but the happiness will come from the crazy stuff we'll (The Crew) will be doing. I'm excited.

But first... I have to survive the work day. It starts between 10AM and 11AM and will go from 4PM to 5PM. It will require me to sit at the desk and file and sort papers all day. I've got to pay the bills somehow. Wheelock is an ok place to work, but lately I've been less and less excited to go. I mean, it's a job, yes. But I was told I would be doing different kinds of work, and instead I'm still doing the same things I was doing before I got the "promotion." A little annoying, but I have a meeting with my boss at 2PM about that, so hopefully things will change.

I was scrounging around my computer and I found a couple of short stories that I wrote a few years ago. Both of them are about relationships during high school or college; both of them are not super. I'm surprised that I kept these; I thought I got rid of them a long time ago. After reading them both, I realized that I should write more in general; quality aside, I really had fun writing them.

I leave you with one of my favorite music videos by one of my favorite artists. Say what you will about it, but I enjoy it.



Much Love To All.

No comments: