Friday, April 6, 2007

The Time Is Approaching...

I'm currently sitting at the front desk at Wheelock typing in my blog because there is basically nothing to do at this moment. I've been writing on people's Facebook Walls for about half an hour and I want to continue writing.

I was finally able to get a strong hold one one of the word games I've been struggling with for about a week now. Thanks to some help from Megan, I was content enough to put it aside for a few days and relax, knowing that I have a solid list of games under my belt. It's a game about cliches and commonly used phrases, with the goal of communicating them to your partner. The players will use a variety of ways to get their point across, and I hope it will be humorous as well as a bit challenging.

The search for a replacement for Bob Barker is apparently narrowing down to a few. I'm still pulling for John O' Hurley, the current host of Family Feud, but rumor has it that "tanned-wonder" George Hamilton and former Dancing With The Stars runner up Mario Lopez are front runners. I'm not too sure of how I feel about this. I wonder if they will be able to keep the same audience that Mr. Barker has kept for the past 35 years on The Price Is Right. Attracting a new audience would be great as well. The important thing is that, no matter who ends up the new host, that the feel and love of the game does not dissipate.

The Search For A New TPIR Host [Yahoo.com]

My mother has said that she will pay for my ticket to LA. I am very happy about this, but at the same time I wish I could do it, cause this trip is at my expense and not my mother's. So, rather then find the nicest flight I can, I'm searching for the cheapest flight/bus/train, no matter how long the ride is.

Within the next two weeks, I must test every single game that I am bringing to LA, make a portfolio of them, and finish my financial aid form for Emerson. Seems like a lot of work, and it is. But I've got to get it done, no matter what the costs.

Being a game show host is a tough job. You must be able to keep the game going at a nice pace, keep everyone entertained, and be able to facilitate with ease. Being a game show contestant is also hard as well as nerve-racking. Try being both. The following clip is from The $25,000 Pyramid, which is usually associated with Dick Clark, but is hosted by game show legend Bill Cullen. Dick Clark did host another version of the game. Here he is in the Winner's Circle, the place where contestants vie for the big cash. There are two Winner's Circle games in this clip, and this demonstrates how hard it is to play a game that you host. But as you will see, Clark does it with finesse. (The clip quality is less-than-stellar, but the essence is there)




[Clip is from pageoclips.com (where you can see many other great clips)]