Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Remembering The Best Of The Past & Anticipating The Greatness Of The Future

First, some bad news. On Easter Sunday, my grandfather passed away. It was expected, but a but unexpected cause it was Easter and there was a whole dinner planned, which obviously got canceled. My aunt and cousin stayed over out house last night, and although it was very sad, we were happy he was not in pain anymore.

I'm most worried about my mother, who I know is taking it very hard, and will show it more and more as the funeral gets closer. She is a stong woman, and I love her very much. She has never given up on me, just like she has never given up on her parents. She fought for years to get them from Haiti to the States and she succeeded. I am proud of her and I know she will be ok.

The wake is this Friday and the burial is on Saturday. I'll post more as the info becomes available.

But one silver lining is that all of our good family friends are stopping by and paying their respects. It's nice to see people that knew me when I was very little. People have been supportive. I was hanging out with Frisky when I got the call from my brother, and he was so nice and supportive. I called Kayte, Rohan, Jon, Sutton, and Droste that night (in that order, so Kayte, if you are reading, and I know you are, that's right, I called you first). All of them either picked up or called me back. Others are being contacted during this week. I may also post it as My Status on Facebook. But this is a thank you to all of my friends. This week will be hard for me, but I'm glad I have friends to support me. That aside...

I'll be buying my tickets for LA either tonight or tomorrow, but I found some for about $280 round trip. Everyone seems surprised that I got them for cheap. My bank teller got tickets for about $700. I guess I got lucky. But I cannot take all of the credit. My friends helped me with some tips and such.

Dan asked me if I wanted to drive a car to Connecticut to a friend of his (who owns the car) instead of taking a plane back. I said that I would think about it. And I have. and I don't think I can do it. I'm not the most comfortable driving cross-country all alone for 4 days. It sounds like it would be a phenomenal experience, but also my mother doesn't want me to do it; she's afraid that I may get hurt or something, which is legit, and she is going through a lot already, so airplane food it is.

Along with getting my pants tailored today, I stopped by Newton North High School in order to go drop off a present to my great friend Adam Brown, the director of Theatre Ink, the theater program there. It was a birthday gift, cause I distinctively remember his birthday being on April 9th. Well, it's on April 5. But that was ok, cause he liked the gesture and seemed a bit surprised too. I got him a $10 gift card at Indulge, a candy shop right down the street from me. We caught up what was going on in our lives, and he even gave me a ride home, which I enjoyed very much (he used to give me rides after school while I was a student a North). I was so glad I stopped by. He is an influential part of who I have become.

LA is going to be so much fun. I'm so excited to hang with Milano, and even more excited to see the sights and sounds. And also meet people in the business. One of the guys I wish I could meet is Johnny Olsen. He was the voice of a lot of TV shows, but I know him from The Price Is Right. This video is of him warming up the crowd. Actually, it's audio of him warming up the crowd; the video is just filler of Bob Barker walking out onto the set hundreds of times. But this is so fantastic to listen to. So enjoy it. I really want to go to a taping. (BTW, the audio has been edited down to about 4 minutes; according to the user, it lasts about 15 minutes.)



[clip provided by user "halflip876"]

The next clip is one that should have been posted about 10 days ago. Try to figure out why before the clip ends.



[clip posted by user "RandomManA"]

The last clip is a nice compilation of some of the funniest events that have happened on The Price Is Right as compiled by a YouTube user. I really enjoyed it, and it showcases some of the reasons why Bob Barker is one of the best hosts this genre of television has ever been blessed with.



[clip provided by user "halflip876"]

In the coming days, I'll be highlighting some of my favorite game show hosts on this blog, hopefully including some video along with it. These are the folks that I admire and have inspired me to go for my dream.

It is time for me to go to bed. But I would once again like to thank everyone who has been, and will be, very supportive during this time. It is you guys that keep me going. To my close friends, my girlfriend, and my colleagues, I say thank you. To those I've forgotten to mention, you are not forgotten.

Goodnight.

No comments: