Tuesday, March 20, 2007

I Might Be Smarter... What's It To You?

Breakfast. I don't know how many times I've been told that it is "the most important meal of the day." Most days, I don't have time to have it. However, for some reason I've had more and more time to eat it. In fact, I'll be heading to "Johnny's" soon to eat some French Toast. Mmmmmm.

I finally caught an episode of Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader?, and I have to say, it is somewhat entertaining. The game play itself is formulaic: answer 11 questions and you win $1 Million. But there are some nice elements added: you are accompanied by a 5th grader (out of a pool of 5), who is there with you every 2 questions and takes the same "test" as you. There are three "helps:" you can Peek at the 5th grader's answer and use that, you can Copy the answer (which is just what it sounds), or the 5th grader can Save you on one question if you get it wrong and they get it right. However, if you don't get to the top prize, you must look at the camera and state that "I am not smarter than a 5th grader."

The set is really nice for this show. Many of the sets I've seen for game show are very "sterile:" sleek with metallic colors and light and all that stuff. The 5th Grader set is like a big classroom, complete with desks and a chalkboard, albeit a digital chalkboard. Most of the kids are entertaining, and they have to be since they are child actors. Jeff Foxworthy does a very good job hosting the show. I'm glad that FOX chose someone that would fit the show, instead of someone with just a pretty face.

The questions themselves come from actual textbooks (so they say), and I have to say, some of them were kinda difficult. I personally did not know what year Abe Lincoln was first president (1860). Nor did i know how many cups were in 5.5 gallons (88).

Ratings-wise, 5th Grade has been able to stand on its own, especially on Thursday without the help of American Idol; it was the best in about 8 years.

But enough with that... All this 5th grader stuff is bringing back memories... not all of them good...

I've been hard at work tweaking my game show ideas, thanks to the help of open ears and friends. I think this weekend will be a good time to test them out. I also want to take pictures, so when I do that, I'll post them here.

I got in touch with Wheelock College yesterday, and it seems things are going well over there, but they still could use my help. It will be nice to work with them again. I do miss them a lot, and I miss getting paid on a weekly basis...

I'm almost done with my financial aid crap for Emerson College.

My brother is trying to find an ID so that he can drink in Montreal this weekend. He (stupidly) asked for mine, thinking that I would be more than happy to give my Driver's License. I said no because I use mine all the time. He fought by saying that I was being difficult, and I told him that even if I didn't need it, I was not about to help him drink. Jean is a freeloader, and frankly I am tired of him.

Anyway, I guess that's all for now, but something tells me I'll be writing more later tonight...

No comments: