Saturday, July 10, 2010

Need To Get Out, Dawg

For the last few weeks, I've spent most of my weekends at home in my room either watching YouTube or playing video games or watching my TiVoed shows. It started out great, and then it started to become sad. The weekend should be my time to relax and have fun. The relax part I clearly got down pat. The fun part, however, is something that I'm lacking a bit.

In contrast, I used to go out every weekend to the bars back in Boston. And when I say every weekend, I mean every weekend. There were a few of my friends who thought I was a bit sad for doing so, however, I was having the time of my life when I went. Mainly it was because it was always an adventure and I always had a story to tell.

Since moving to LA, I haven't felt that feeling. Not once. Is this why I've been so down lately? Not sure. It very well could be. So to find out, I'm going to try a little experiment. Just a little one.

Tonight I'm going to hop on my bike at 8PM and pedal north towards Hollywood. I want to see what this city has to offer me. I want that sense of adventure. I want that fun story to tell people.

I plan on going as far as the Grove tonight, which is right by work, to begin. Then we'll see what happens from there.

Let's see how this goes.

Peace

No comments: